Tuesday 4 November 2014

QRF 15mm Skull hunters - not predators!

Although I have plenty of the kra'vak from GZG, they're not the most inspiring of figures. Despite my kra'vak winning their first  game in a test of the prototype 'Endless Conflict' rules, I wanted some predator types with more 'oomph' for skirmish level engagements. Hence these QRF 'skull-hunters'.

After looking at some movie stills I painted them with black armour, dry brushed up to light grey. Whilst it looked good up close, the figures were very dark on the table. So I decided to brighten them up a bit with a dark gold base to the armour. Some of the figures are a bit vague, but there's a couple of really nice poses and my favourite..... the chap in the middle. My least favourite is the chap on his right with what looks like a wonky head.





The figure on the far left is ready for close combat, most have empty hands as the 'skull hunters' have hands free weapons mounted on their left shoulders plus 'claws' mounted on their right forearms.


Knowing how they love the hunt, especially up close, they will have good close combat scores and good armour - reflecting their tenacity and physical toughness. Their shooting will be average, with excellent countermeasures (chameleon suit) encouraging stalking with sudden ambushes to close combat.


Thanks for dropping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment